Liverpool is coming off a fantastic 2017-18 season, a fourth-place finish with a 21-12-5 record in the English Premier League as well as runners-up in the UEFA Champions League. Liverpool’s brilliant season signified the beginning of a new golden era.
Here are five reasons why they can win the Premier League:
1. Talent: Liverpool is loaded with talent. Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mané, and Roberto Firmino are leading the attack. In the midfield, Liverpool has team captain Jordan Henderson, Xherdan Shaqiri, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Fabinho, who was acquired from Monaco in May. The defense will be led by Virgil van Dijk and Dejan Lovren. Liverpool is a club that has great talent and they have the ability to properly use that kind of talent, which leads to their success. Salah’s 32 goals last season made him the top scorer of the Premier League as well as the league’s best player. Liverpool’s 84 goals made them second in the league. They were also third in passes with close to 23,000 and in clean sheets with 17.
2. Concentration: This is one of the biggest things we saw from them last season, especially during the Champions League tournament. Liverpool has a strong habit of gaining and keeping concentration all throughout their games. There were times where Liverpool did lose their concentration, but they were able to regain it and keep for the time being. Keeping their concentration was a reason to making it the Champions League final last season. Their unique concentration allowed them to upset favorites Manchester City in the Champions League quarterfinals and reach the final of the tournament.
3. Brilliant managing: Jürgen Klopp, the manager, has really been on a roll as of late. His brilliant thinking has led to him to building unique and effective game tactics and strategies that allowed his players to really put on a show on the pitch. Klopp can devise a useful lineup, putting the right players in their right place. Klopp is truly making the most of his managerial duties and his presence as the manager is making a strong impact on the future of the club, as well as the players due to the fact that he has the ability to quickly get them concentrated after suffering a disappointing defeat. In other words, his Liverpool’s guiding light to success. Klopp’s impressive heavy attacking tactic how Liverpool was able to penetrate through opposing defenses and score some goals. Klopp is likely to make changes to his tactic. It’s unclear if he’ll use the 4-3-2-1 formation or if he’ll remain at 4-3-3. His 4-3-3 worked quite well as Liverpool’s 638 shots made them second in the league, but if he did decide to change his formation, it would due to the fact that he doesn’t want opposing defenses to be able to combat his attack formation.
4. Team Chemistry: Liverpool’s team chemistry is excellent. Perhaps excellent can very well be an understatement. The players do a great job of playing together. Everyone trusts each other and they’re all on the same page. It’s all about keeping a very positive vibe within the squad. Last season, Salah who was the most popular players did not have to carry the squad on his back and that’s an example of how unique Liverpool’s team chemistry is. They know how to play as a strong and cohesive unit. Liverpool’s 22,962 passes and 764 crosses show their commitment to working and winning as a team.
5. Motivation: Quite frankly, this is Liverpool’s biggest key to victory. Last season, Liverpool overcame many odds that were definitely not in their favor and they silenced many critics. Liverpool needs to come into this season motivated, but they can’t let their accomplishments from last season distract them. They need to focus on the future rather than the past. But the motivation this team has is really going to make a strong impact to their season, as long as they’re concentrated. No one expected Liverpool to be as good as they were last season and being doubted is what ignited the fire in their belly and motivated them to make the doubters eat their words. This season, it’s a different story as expectations are very high but Liverpool’s simply motivated to be even better. In other words, Liverpool is looking to finish with a better result than fourth place in the final standings of the Premier League. It’s about taking what they’ve learned from last season and putting into action to have a better season.
Liverpool’s first Premier League game of this season will be against West Ham United. They’ve begun their preseason session and the team is looking to be good to go. Everyone needs to be 100 percent before the season begins. 100 percent healthy and focused.